Most people can agree that being injured is not a good thing. There are a lot better ways that you can spend you time than having to be in pain. One big injury that you can get is a broken bone. If you think that you, or someone you love, has a broken bone, then they may be experiencing some of these symptoms:
- Intense pain at the injured site which worsens with movement
- Swelling, numbness, or bluish color of the injured area
- Deformity of the limp or joint if the injury occurred in the arm or the leg
- Bone protruding through the skin
- Heavy bleeding at the injury site
If you believe that someone has a broken arm, there are some things that you can do in order to help alleviate the pain while waiting for medical attention to arrive.
- If the person in unconscious, not breathing, or not moving, then call 911 immediately and start administering CPR.
- Stop any bleeding. You can apply pressure to the wound by using a sterile bandage, clean cloth, or a clean piece of clothing.
- If the person is in shock then they may be experiencing dizziness, weakness, pale and clammy skin, shortness of breath, and an increased heart rate. If this is happening, then you should have the person lie quietly with their feet elevated about twelve inches. You should also cover them with a blanket to maintain body warmth.
- Immobilize the injured area, especially if you are going to be moving the victim. If they suffered a neck or back injury, then do not move them. to immobilize the injured area, you can fold a piece of cardboard and place it under the limb while tying it in place with pieces of cloth.
- Ice the area. When you do this, be sure to place a cloth between the ice and the skin so that you do not damage the skin.
Broken bones are very painful. If you or someone you know has a broken bone, then they should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Las Vegas Urgent Care can provide the treatment needed for broken bones. Call them today to get the help that you need.