Let’s be honest, you might have drunk too much soda, skipped the gym, and over-indulged a little too much in 2016. But the new year is among us, which means it’s the time to make a new you. We’ve got some healthy lifestyle changes that could make this next year your healthiest and best one yet.
How to Start a Healthy Lifestyle and Lose Weight
The word is out on soda, and the word is, it’s not doing your body any good. You don’t have to completely swear off the hard stuff, but when you cut down on this liquid, sugary goodness, your body will thank you. When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle, we’ll put the science where our mouth is:
- People who overindulge with soda are 20% more likely to have a heart attack.
- Saying “no” to soda will lower your risk for osteoporosis.
- Losing the soda can help you lose weight by lowering annual calorie consumption by over 200,000 calories.
More healthy lifestyle habits include incorporating exercise like cardio, hitting the gym, or joining a yoga class. Activities like these will get your mind and body in shape. Even if your goal isn’t to lose weight, adding daily exercise to your routine has major benefits, but don’t take our word for it, we’ll let your body do the talking:
- Exercise makes you feel happier and more relaxed.
- Regular physical activity decreases your risk of stroke, heart disease, depression, and more.
- You’ll get your best sleep ever with regular physical activity.
- Healthy lifestyle changes like exercise can translate into a healthier sex life.
Grub on healthy food
You shouldn’t have to suffer while eating healthy. It shouldn’t be all kale and no soufflé, but plan your meals and indulge in moderation. Switch your bag of chips at lunch for a bowl of fruit, and make your dinner plates more colorful. You might notice a trend in the benefits these healthy lifestyle changes can offer you:
- A well-balanced diet can help you maintain your ideal weight.
- Healthy diets could give you a mood boost.
- Eating right will decrease your chance of arthritis, diabetes, and depression.
Get Checked Out
Need even more healthy lifestyle tips? Make an appointment with Las Vegas Urgent Care today and find out what benefits some healthy lifestyle changes could offer you.