Urgent care is a great thing, especially when we are unable to go to our primary doctor. It is probably safe to say that at one time or another in their life they have been to an urgent care. The truth is, life continues after hours, and you simply may need help. Here are some facts about urgent care that you may not have known:
- There are about 9,000 urgent care centers in the United States
- About 75% of urgent care centers are in suburban areas
- About half of urgent care centers are freestanding buildings, and the other half are in retain shopping centers
- The majority of urgent cares have been in operation for over five years
- 85% of urgent cares are open seven days a week and 95% close after 7 p.m.
- 69% of urgent cares have wait times under 20 minutes
- The most common diagnosis in an urgent care was upper respiratory condition and the most common procedure was a wound repair
It is important to remember that an urgent care is not an emergency room. Many people think that if they have a serious injury or illness that they can go to a quick care for treatment. The truth is, a quick care does not have the necessary equipment to handle serious injury or illness. If you or a loved one is suffering from a serious injury or illness, it is imperative that they go to an emergency room for treatment.
If you are sick, or have a non serious injury, then call Las Vegas Urgent Care for treatment today.